Chapter III

Monday, April 23, 2007

Recap and What's To Come

"Benson Callier 6-6 Western Kentucky – An extremely athletic player who can play the ¾ position. He averaged 16.5ppg and 8.5rpg for the event. He showed the ability to play out on the floor as well as on the post. He is an excellent leaper who can rebound in traffic."

After two games this weekend this is what was said about my game. From the description of my leaping ability, one can tell I was putting on an air attack. This years Hoops Pro Invitational was a great opportunity to meet other players from around the country. It also gave me the chance to play against some of the best competitors in and around Kentucky. I came off the bench both games to lift up our team defensively. Averaging only 12 minutes per game I collected an averaged nearly a double double and played lock down perimeter and low post defense. It was great to once again play for something. Although we lost the first game, due to a flat start we picked it up for the final game with a high-scoring victory/finale of 103-100. I played with UofL seniors Parrin Johnson and Brandon Jenkins, Xavier's, big man, Brandon Cole AKA "The IceBox" because he will freeze you out and several other seniors from their respected programs. Considering the fact that I wasn't even suppose to play, really makes me feel a sence of accomplishment. I simply found this tournament online and submitted my credentials to Coach Stinnett and the next thing I know I was on the roster with UofL stars and playing against potential pro players. It may be small but I really enjoyed myself. This weekend I am schedualed to play in the WBA showcase in Indiana.I also have plans to play in Texas this weekend.

No comments: